I keep meaning to remember to do a helpful tip video on something I keep hearing about - how to address warping legs. It's just something that happens with minis that lack steel rods in their legs because they're too small. It's really quick, safe and easy to fix with a cup of (near) boiling hot water. Safer that way than even with heating guns. To be honest, it's just that I have to borrow my fiance's camera (so odd to say that still!), which is the one with video ability. I suppose I could try it with my cell phone but that would be really hard to juggle along with the hot water.. anyhow, will try to remember to do this. I've fixed minis made by all the US casters and a couple of the overseas ones too - all stayed fixed to the best of my knowledge too (the ones still here of my own collection have anyhow).
Anyhow, there's not much else to share of late. These are most of the commissions on my plate and they've all been keeping me plenty busy. Arab mare sculpture (Iaret) got primered the other day but I'm still dissatisfied with a couple ofminor (but big to me!) things so I decided to wait to show her off. Besides, she's pretty much just hair and veins away from being done now sooooo I'll let the anticipation build. :)
Just the Hazel there is a commission. The minis are my own cold-cast bronze copies. The grey behind her is a Caller Lippizan of my own (won't be for sale). The Indy poking out behind her is just waiting for the market to pick up before he goes up for sale..
My new doll behind this Bosco was also too cute to put away (made by Mrs Anne Field!). :) Doesn't the Bosco look like he may just spin and kick Hazel in annoyance? This fellow is the one used as the prototype for all the bitties... so yes, his head is held differently than others and his mane and tail are a little different too. :)
And then we are down to the grey's shelf. The Deseoso has just started on his dappling, and the Indian Fire is almost done now. Todays project to go with my latest book on tape! :)
There's 2 more in the other cabinate but it's tucked back and is dark so I couldn't take pictures of what's in it. One is a Sovran who's just too heavy to try and cram in here. The others is another Bosco started years ago by someone else.
Anyhow, so that's the update. Will take a stab at the mini videography soon. Off to lunch now and this rainy afternoon project. :)
PS - just remembered to add this. Speaking of dolls and things not put away. I redid my documentation performance photos and blurbs onto matting boards recently (over many days a little at a time). Then put them away all organized in a folder... Last night I DREAMED that I went to a show and forgot the folder with all the documentation at home. The most frustrating part of it all to me is I can't remember if I managed to work out a solution or not. I'm odd, I get very excited when I work out solutions in my sleep. Anyhow, for whatever interest that is.. there ya go. ;)