Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Almost OT cute horse to share...

Cute blog to share here: http://matadorpony.blogspot.com/

Check out the Shower and Shave video, post; http://matadorpony.blogspot.com/2007/11/shower-and-shave.html – hysterical dubbing :)

I confess, I was looking at his face more than the hat.. his owner calls him a “Fauxriesian Cart Pony” (he’s a Friesian x TB) and you can find many more of her anecdotes through the years about him on the UDBB: http://www.ultimatedressage.com/forums/ ) I confess… I’ve become mostly a lurker there, the conversations tend to get far too involved to join in for my limited time.

My focus hasn’t just been on the head. I’ve done a lot of little tweaks and tinkers with other parts of late. Nothing worth sharing in pics just yet. It all sort of comes together in the end but tweaking is sometimes hard to pick out until the final picture comes together. For the few people who begged me not to change the nostril – don’t worry! :D That’s one spot on the head I like. I’m just trying to find that tricky balance now btwn frog eyes and balloon head – a tad more here, a tad less there kinds of things. I don’t want her to look like she sucks on lemons in other words (narrow dry face). And conversely, a lot of draft crosses have very bloated/undetailed faces – clunky heads they’re sometimes called.. I don’t want that either.

Farrier gave me a tutorial on eventer shoes yesterday. I’m trying to decide if I want to bevel the bottoms all around like they have. I won’t be doing calks though. I thought a lot about this and have decided that she’s too generic to any activity and the little nubs are so easy to simply stick on should someone want them. My focus on the feet still has been getting the right kind of shape (round in front, almost triangular behind).

That’s about all I have to mention at the moment. :)

No comments: