Friday, December 12, 2008

Oh DEAR! Lookie what I woke up to!


If you click to enlarge you can see the awesome power of nature up close. It's a trickle of a stream usually!

A couple of years ago it rained for 9 days straight and we had flooding worse than this. This week it's been a very heavy/steady 3 tho... so I parked out front last night. Good thing. Woke up to hearing everyone move their car's out just before dawn. When it did this the last time that dumpster over in the corner??? It floated ALL the way to the other end of the parking lot! FLOATED! Ok, ok... I know they make metal ships too but still, even empty their hulls are submerged pretty deeply.

I really feel for that person & their nice newer truck there. The waters will likely get a tad bit higher still because the rain ONLY just stopped and that's typically how it goes for 12hrs afterwards.

Last night I saw no signs of flooding at my barn. I'm about to go find out what's what there tho. Ugh. Guess I get to don the Chippewa (how the heck do you spell that?) boots that weigh 6 pounds though. Wait wait... it's warm enough today for the fisherman style lightweight rubber mud ones.. nevermind! woot!

Not far north folks got ice instead of rain. For those of you, I am hoping and praying for warmer air for ya so it doesn't do too much damage before hte winds come. Hugs to the neighbors to the north!!!

PS -> just spied this on the Chronical Forums tho (COTH), yikes! http://jumping-percheron.blogspot.com/2008/12/unbeliveable.html
I just want to grab the dude away from the edge there and smack him for standing so near to something that could collapse! EEK!

No comments: