Monday, April 27, 2009

On a dare...

I tried my luck selling bitty's via a new method...


(after the show of course.. I was judging and I figured the Aussie trenchcoat might be awkward to wear.. nevermind hot.. this is all said tongue in cheek of course). ;)

In all seriousness tho I've now shown my nifty cool cold cast bitty to many people in person and they are all pushing for me to find a way to create bases to sell these. The issue I'm seeing is that the general (non-hobby horse item collecting) public wants these type of mass produced bronzes for around or under $100. My cost with a wood base & adding in a cold cast bronze ground scene under him would be around that. So there is almost no profit or a negative profit at that price. SOooo I need to think about it. Ideas welcome. I have many myself at the moment.


Need a better picture in the sun.. the bronze (it's a powder mixed in with the resin) really makes the details crisp.

I've known many artists who sculpt or paint who sell essentially for the cost of the materials. At a loss even. Nevermind the notion of getting paid for your time. The general public doesn't value purchasing art directly from artists nearly as much. Hmmm.. to stew to stew...

Anyhow, while fun, the method of selling via trench coat isn't all that productive. I wouldn't recommend it. Trying to always think out of the box here I guess but this time I gotta report back that it seems a little less effective, lol! ;)

No comments: