Sunday, January 20, 2008

Photography is an adventure..


At least for me it is. For each and every painted horse or sculpture. I have yet to find the perfect lighting set up for either Hazel or this Bosco artist's proof ... whine whine I know. Sincerely though, when you take the time to put in labor intensive detail, having is show up in photos is important.

and a close up of this photo above is below...


Meanwhile I will share that one large factor is that I do not have the camera on the steadiest tripod possible. One artist I know swears she can only take her pics with a remote because the act of pressing down the shutter imparts just enough movement to prevent perfectly crisp photos. Some day I will get more camera equipment. For the time being, having the hardest surface possible seems to be the best solution for me. This means either finding a long enough table for both the horse and camera (apartment is carpeted so it has too much give)... or laying down on the kitchen floor (which skeeves me - rather entertaining and ironic really given how much filthy manure and likewise soiled animals I deal with daily). Anyhow. Like I said, whine whine. I did manage to capture soooooooome of the coat details today. The mane hairs though don't show all the crisp detail they have yet though. And forget really seeing the blending of the dark and white hairing throughout this coat.... arg.... nevermind my propensity to DISTORT (lol - gee that's not an issue for a sculptor).. ;)

No comments: