Where primer is no longer your friend.
That is to say, I'm at the point where primer starts to clog up details. It's a strange feeling.. it's a definite clear 'next step' to this sort of work. At this point things start going faster really. (hooray!)
In noticing this as I have been really stuck working out a few sticky points (not literal), and also in realizing there IS indeed a magazine out there with whom I might want to advertise her pending completion (in the order of months still but you have to prepare yourself for these things)... I decided to move her to the box area so I could take some pics. My dual reasons were
a) to see what stood out still to me as these things have to be addressed first now. In other words I can't go making fine details on the sides of the face when the nasal bone isn't quite right - primer will mute these details. Hope that made sense.
b) to see if she's at a point where an advertisement of "coming soon" would be fair and honest. Sans tail (second pic) that kinda sucks. I do think I ought to get some strong wire/long screws in there soon and do that step first (make a more sincere effort at the final shape of the tail and not just a gesture). I want the same 'S' curve from the birds eye view that the last one had. I don't want quiet as much bow upwards...
I made one tiny photo shop alteration to the body (aside from the obvious fake tail there!) . I have been playing around to see (ala point "a" above) what's major that still needs addressing. I guess I'll let the readers here try to figure out what that change was (it's not as if I really tried to make it perfectly blended). I am off to the studio to go implement it. :D I've been in photoshop (and thus on the computer) far too long today!