Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mien Umwelt (my "subjective universe")





I like this better to summarize the subjective theory;

Reality tunnel is a term coined by Timothy Leary and popularised by Robert Anton Wilson.

The theory states that, with a subconscious set of mental "filters" formed from their beliefs and experiences, every individual interprets this same world differently, hence "Truth is in the eye of the beholder". (source)

I have gotten some help from friends with different pictures today to address that hind leg a great deal. Bless them! I seem to have sanded her femur happily away. Their pics also helped me spot the bottom line of the tibial to hock outline. Vastly helpful. And a most keen eye of one gal encouraged me to add to her belly some which I think makes the entirety of the hind end tie in work better. I have a lot more to add/smooth here but it doesn't scream out so much at me.

In the real world of posed animals there is almost always some angle / leg that doesn't appeal to me. So it's tricky not to impose my subjective preferences into the leg in sculpting it. I think a lot of artists face this. Yes it imparts some style but there's that fine line between what we like to see as artists and what's really there. Hence why it's important for me to peek out of the reality tunnel once in a while. :)

No comments: