Saturday, November 14, 2009

Black resin & some in progress horses again


Yup, that's not paint, that's black resin. It's AWESOME to prep! The details stand out sooo much more.

I've asked the casters and they are willing to do this on request. It's one drawback that I can think of is that you can't always see when the steel rods are close to the surface. It certainly is more fun to display!

I asked for this for this copy as it's for a family member who lives far away. When painted damage such as ear & hoof rubs won't be down to white resin, but rather to black resin. I have to laugh, I guess scratches would look more like scars. ;)

Other things in the studio of late... this wee gal only has this one photo in progress. She's done now & I'll see if I can get a pic of her when the Regionals champ gallery is posted - she was down to the wire last week;



Congrats to her new owner! Her name is Koolatta I believe? :) Such an adorable resin and lots of fun to paint.

And this fellow is tons of fun to paint too. Sadly these pics don't look all that different from the ones I took a few weeks back. All the same, he's getting ready for his fleabites. :) I did a few test bites on him but wanted to really have the body color down before getting into that. It's really best to approach the bite marks last. Things like his eyes, mane/tail hairs and hoof details can come at the end too but anything around a fleatbite mark needs to be blended and smooth.





There are other things in progress but they are really not ready for photos. Sorry to not have more fun pics to share today but while I was online uploading some things I figured I might as well share these things... :)

No comments: