Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Holidays!!! :)

Madness and mayhem took over this month and in the past week especially I've been completely overwhelmed. Anyhow, I thought I'd quickly post something at any rate. I'm dying to get back into the studio...

This is a super cool HUGE book (probably still some floating around at Sam's Clubs across the country).. It's 2 feet tall! Great big high resolution pictures though. Very helpful.. now to find a way to keep it in the studio..


And this is a really awesome tool - a contour matching doohickey. (Ok, obviously I've forgotten the real name). Wouldn't work so well for clay I imagine.. it scratched Hazel a bit when I did this section (no worries though). Basically you press it up against one side then flip it over and hold it up to the other. You can also just trace the contour onto a piece of paper and then compare the two that way. Hopefully the pic here will explain it better...

Good times!

Anywho, I didn't get to see all of my family still but Christmas wound up being fairly nice all the same. One half of my family decided to meet at a restaurant in between all of us... Chinese.. and it was pretty packed in there to my surprise. It was nice not having to rush around cooking/cleaning/shuffling etc.. Cheaper probably too for everyone. Wondering if that will become a tradition now that we're all so distantly located.

Anyhow, so that's my Christmas update. Looking forward very much to a highly productive '08. I am already getting a lot more aggressive about my goals for this coming year.

Hope all is well with everyone!

No comments: