Sunday, October 18, 2009

Just quickly I documented the experience..


"New England Performance Challenge" yesterday = Performance showing "take 2"! :) Actually this is the 3rd performance show I've attempted. The first one was 4-5 years ago (4 I think?) & was just one entry. This one was a lot more serious. In fact *I* get WAAAAY too serious about this stuff. At least in planning and forethought. It brings out my competitive streak in the worst way imo. But I just LOVE the wee gidgets and tiny things you get to play with.

All the same, I need to write out a TON of thank you's this time. The last show was a month ago. And I judged halter afterwards. This time I was less "shell shocked". I attempted fewer tack swaps & didn't try to enter both horses in most classes (I could have using the borrowed tack& props available to me). And yet? I still was probably head down & shuffling around like a little troll in a hurry the whole time. omg... what IS it about this? Like I said, I need to thank some folks.

I know a few tack & prop makers would like to hear/see how things looked & went. & thus it seemed easier to make this here album;
http://www.artbymorgen.com/galleries/sculptingjournal/NEPC_pics/album/album/

Ok, an onto many other things I need to get back to! (none the least of which is painting horses!) :) Fortunately my little wee tools and such are all now really well packed into a rolling cart of drawers. So when I'm working on a sculpture or painting I will know where these things are now. I guess being forced to organize it all (or go mad!) is a good thing. My table at the show tho.. it looked like a bomb went off. Poor Nancy the show holder assumed I'd want to be selling things? HA! I didn't even find the time to take my business cards out and put them in the little business card holder. Uhm yeah... performance showing is definitely a weird disease obsesssion of massive magnitude. Hysterically too -> I was hardly very concerned with placings... it was more a game of what I could get out & together. It's definitely a great way to challenge yourself! That or a serious mental illness that needs a reality show and some Oprah episodes to expose it... ;)

I posted them on the comments but I'll paste the links where credit is due here (I'm sure I'm missing many an item here too - deepest apologies!)...

Donna Hutchins of Shadowcat Studios http://www.freewebs.com/shadowcatstudios/ (bridles & halters!)

Kirsteen Haley http://khcustomtack.com/ (saddles you can't convince people to sell)

Doreen McGuire http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Poochkers-Model-Horse-Accessories__W0QQ_armrsZ1 (jump standards and way cool props!)

Anne St Onge Fields www.fieldofdolls.com (swears she will never make dolls with removable clothes again) ;)

Jana Skybova www.jscustomtack.net (amazing english tack & rubber bell boots everyone in the world can afford & needs!!!)

Corinne Ensor of the amazing SMB boots (shoebox saddlery!) http://www.shoeboxsaddlery.com/

Soon to be coming home... romel reins attached to a WONDERFUL braid-laden bridle of my own by Heather Abounader of Desert Night Creations http://desertnightcreations.blogspot.com/2009/10/pleased.html

Right now blogger isn't letting me upload an image... interesting. This could be a MAJOR issue for my contest blog tomorrow... hmmmm... well stay tuned. I'll try it here first before getting stuck mid-way through the contest #2 upload. ACK! (later edit: it worked again... hopefully this means no problems for the contest too)...

No comments: