Saturday, September 17, 2011

New venues for these new faces...! ;)

First off, before I share my latest, I need to be clear to all of my wonderful loyal customers -> I fully have intended & still plan to keep chugging along making & selling artist resins every few months (or so!) ;) as I have been doing for many years. I just want to be clear up front. I don’t want to change anything there! I hope to have some in bronze and fine bone china more often too… and the occasional one of a kind works for sale, but I very much enjoy selling to artist resin collectors and all of the fun and challenges that go along with it. The last thing I’d want is for you guys to feel as if I’ve turned away from you after all these years! I’m simply diversifying at this point which is of course the sensible thing to do at times but also imo is very good for the creative soul!!

SO (woohoo!) I’m very excited to share with you that some of my bronze finish painted artist resins are now on display at Hollyhocks Art Gallery in Pinehurst, NC. This is a few hours away from my home. On display is this Hazel

(isn’t she exciting on this rock! She’s permanently mounted to it too! The real trick was to fill in the very faint gap between her feet & the rock. It’s interesting because if you try to tip her over the rock pulls her back up… fascinating & was a lot of fun to work with organic natural materials – love using mother nature’s splendor if I can! I dare anyone to really determine where real rock ends…ok, probably shouldn’t offer to be critiqued that hard actually). ;)



And of course I had to bring this Johann who is not permanently mounted to the marble there (that’s a heavy hunk!)



I’ll be there for occasional “Meet the Artist” mornings on Saturdays too which I’m very much looking forward to, it’s so nice to get out of the studio now & then! I really hope that any blog readers here in the area will stop by if they get a chance. There are so many other neat possibilities as well. Some of the artists hold teaching workshops (for example I’ve been thinking how fun it would be to teach a very modest aimed animal sculpting class using a hardening clay like apoxie sculpt?).

(it's blurry - I took it with my camera phone)

Aaaaaaaaaand the other news is that I’m I’m also incredibly honored to also share that Jane has additionally invited me to be in the group show she’s having at the Campbell House in Southern Pines – a six week show, opening night is Nov 4th and of course everyone is invited there too!

Since the Campbell House has an approximately 2 year wait once approved after applying to have a show, this expedited allowance they’re making is beyond immensely flattering!!

Timely enough too -> I’ve gotten the shipping notice about my cold casting supplies en route for early next week and I’m REALLY excited to have such a huge “goal” to work towards here with them. Wish it wasn’t so expensive to experiment in these metals mind you! A variety of marble bases arrived Thursday & things are coming together! And we have some more rock cutting and drilling going on that I hope to share the results of in the near future as well.

This note is late but this week has been very challenging on a completely unrelated note. I have many emails to confirm/answer now so I truly appreciate folks’ patience with me. I have keep EVERYONE waiting and this blog post sat in my drafts for 3 days now… it’s becoming old news!

Two weeks left to order Kiplings and already I hear the mold is nearly done – I’m so excited and would be THRILLED if I could have some shipping out before the edition closes but I think it’ll be just after that. I also have more Little Man Mango castings arriving next week and perhaps the week or two after that as well. I’m going to be BUSY – eek! Truly everyone’s patience with me is sincerely appreciated. Hopefully tonight while Liz Shaw's crazy auction ($12,000 and change so far!) ends I'll get all the rest of my emails wrapped up. Tx again for all the patience with me guys!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I've always loved that "bronze" Johann on the marble. Such wonderful work. It's nice to see faux bronze really taking off in the hobby.