Monday, September 12, 2011

I know I know…

I’d said I had a NEW face to share after this weekend buuuuuuut it seems best (after discussing with the “owner” of said work ultimately) to wait until all the stars and planets are aligned to do so properly (so in another 2 or 3 days probably!).

So.. in the meantime for want of anything of mine, I shall share a photo of mine from this weekend;


Edit a little while later to add in this close up for knitonator - this is as large as that'll go :)


We stopped at the Carolina Horse Park during show on our way off to go camping, just in time to have a horse bolting from the stables fly past. I have a few boring pics of hunters being walked along calmly & then this wild pose! :) There’s some serious extremes in biomechanics in there that I almost suspect if I sculpted this verbatim people would be skeptical of it’s physical possibility! Anyhow, very dramatic & I have a few others like it but this was the most exciting one to share I think.

On a more serious note I’d really dwelled a lot on elaborating yesterday on how 9/11 impacted me (where I worked shared a lot people back and forth with the WTC for example).. the aftermath and the horrific reminders we saw daily afterwards (we had armed military stationed at our offices in New Haven CT because they were next to a refinery so we literally were eating lunch next to men carrying machine guns – a whole new America). Suffice it to say after viewing so many of stories shared these past few weeks on various shows I think my own experiences pale laughably and would be almost insulting to share in light of what so many went through. The people I knew of lived. For example I can quickly/easily explain one story of 2 investors who were on their way from the WTC to tour our company that morning. They probably lived because the appointment had been changed from their offices to ours (well ditto for my boss who was supposed to go there to WTC too), so that was 3 lucky people… but so many sad stories I still cannot bear to speak of. Hug your loved ones, time on this planet being so fleeting and unpredictable and all that.

7 comments:

pamiam said...

Sublime observations, Morgen, on 9/11. I find it difficult to express mine, but you did a fine job. All of us are deeply and forever different now, and it is good to be reminded of the reason in the flurry of our present lives.

The horse: he appears to just barely have only his right front hoof on the ground, or maybe the dust is obscuring the rear, or perhaps he really is flying! Great shot!

Morgen said...

I think you said it best too - "good to be reminded". Precisely.

As to the horse - I uploaded a close up of the full sized photo. He's really flying (probably slipping a little I'd think, this is called the sandhill area for a reason). Reminiscent of the infamous Currier and Ives poses though! :)

pamiam said...

LOVE it!!! Thanks for the blowup! And you're right...Currier and Ives!

Pam Murray, btw : )

Morgen said...

Ah no problem Pam! (I didn't mind using your blogger name - very cloak and dagger cool imo!). ;)

pamiam said...

OK, I'll think of it like that rather than a "DOH"! I like that, "cloak and dagger", when I forget to sign! Too many aliases!

Pam

Julie Dewyer said...

You have to do this one!!! :) It reminds me of many pics I have of my horse Nijinsky. Same pose, chestnut though darker, retired racehorse. I have been looking for that perfect Thoroughbred resin to have painted like him. I bet this would be the winner. :) Email me if you want more pics similar in pose. I can probably dig some up. :)

Bif said...

When I looked at him, with the way his head and neck are and the "matching" hind legs, he does look mid-slip recovery =)