Thursday, November 15, 2007

Stuffing... :D

Mary Wanless (riding instructor/author/clinician) uses the word "stuffing" to describe a horse (or rider) that is full of life and of a certain "shape" as I described in my last post. I've just been adding thin layers of epoxie here and there in a most agonizing effort to get this 'stuffing' right for her pose/type/weight/gender.

These are terrible ( quite distorted) photos but I'm stepping back here and deciding if it's at the right level of stuffed.





I've really got to take a course on making raw molds. This aspect would FLY with regular hard clays.

I suppose there's a lot to be said for really studying every detail in tiny steps and being extremely thorough and patient. However sometimes I just fear that my learning curve is rather flat.
;)

No comments: